Other Accommodation Options
Public apartment houses
Link: Kumamoto City Public Town Housing Information Site (Japanese Only)
Private apartment houses
Link: Co-op (Japanese Only)
Link : International Relations Association Group (Please see item on renting a place to Live)
Rules for living in the International House and Apartments
- Observe designated times, days and places for putting out garbage.
- Put out your garbage on the morning of the designated day.
- Follow the garbage sorting rules.
- Be particularly careful about noise and water leaks. Avoid doing your laundry early in the morning or late at night.
- Make sure the drainage hose does not get knocked out of the drainpipe. If you do not connect properly, it may cause water leakage and cause troubles in the rooms on the lower floors.
- Make sure you extinguish cigarettes.
- Do not smoke in bed.
- Be careful not to leave electrical appliances on (iron, heating appliances, etc.).
- Make sure you read and understand your rental contract and follow the conditions.
- Do not have guests to stay or sublet the apartment, even for short peiods, without the landlord's permission.
- Do not leave personal belongings on the communal corridors and passageways.
- Keep your apartment clean.