Kumamoto University Liaison ProfessorKumamoto University (KU) has launched the scheme of the Liaison Professor in line with our strategy for internationalization. In this scheme, we confer the title of “Kumamoto University Liaison Professor” to alumni of KU or former faculty members and researchers of KU who are currently working in education or research at overseas higher education institutions, etc. Liaison Professors are expected to support KU's overseas activities related to international exchange, which should lead to develop and strengthen the international network of KU.
Specifically, we are hoping Liaison Professors will support us through some of the following activities.
(1) Promotion of international exchange between KU and overseas higher education institutions, research institutions, or government agencies
(2) International student recruitment and public relations for admissions
(3) Providing follow-up on KU international alumni and Japanese students studying abroad
(4) Promotion of international joint research between KU and overseas higher education institutions, etc.
(5) Other overseas activities related to the internationalization at KU
In addition, we are planning to hold a “Liaison Professor Assembly” in Kumamoto in the future.