The MEXT Emergency Student Support Handout for Continuing Studies
June 4th, 2020
Application Procedures for the MEXT Emergency Student Support Handout for Continuing Studies
We will begin accepting applications for the “Emergency Student Support Handout” for students who, in principle, are living outside of their homes and have difficulty continuing their studies at their university in their part-time income because of the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Students enrolled in the University's undergraduate and graduate schools, Yogo teacher training special course and diploma course in special needs education, including international students
(The following students are not eligible: credited auditors, research students, special auditing students (exchange students), and special research students (exchange research students))
Students exempt from residence tax: 200,000 yen
Other students: 100,000 yen
Handout Recipient Requirements
Students who, in principle, live away from home and whose part-time income has decreased significantly (by more than 50% from the previous month) since January 2020 because of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Please refer to page 5 of the application guide below for details on the requirements for the recipients of the handout.
Emergency Student Support Handout for Continuing Studies: Application Guide (for Students) (pdf file)
How to Apply
Please fill out the following Form 1 "Application Form" and Form 2 "Oath" and attach documents proving that you meet the requirements for the handout, and submit them by e-mail, post, or by bringing them to the Economical Support Counter, Student Life Division.
- Please refer to page 7 of the Application Guide for more information on the "Documentation providing you meet the handout criteria" that must be submitted.
Application Guide(pdf file 206KB)
Form 1 “Application for Emergency Student Support Handout” (word file 26KB)
Form 2 “Oath” (word file 22KB)
Frequently Asked Questions(pdf file 74KB)
Thursday, May 21, 2020 - Friday, June 12, 2020 [Strict deadline]
Where to Submit the Application
(Bring to the counter)
First floor of General Education Building, Kurokami North Campus, Kumamoto University
June 4-5: Multipurpose Conference Room
June 8-9 &June 12: Conference Room 1
June 10-11: Classroom C
- The counter is open from 9:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 16:00 on weekdays.
(E-mail address) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your student number and name should be written in the text of the e-mail.
- Documentation providing you meet the handout criteria must be attached.
Economical Support Team, Student Life Division, Student Affairs Department, Kumamoto University (no need to enter address)
- We will accept applications with a postmark of Friday, June 12.