Postponement of Tuition Fee for International Students Facing Financial Difficulties Due to COVID-19
Application Guidelines for "Postponement of Tuition Fee and Refund of Already Paid TUition Fees for Students Whose Households were Suddenly Affected by the COVID-19 Outbreak (the Second Semester 2020)" for International Students[Overview]
Students with a large decline in household income due to the direct or indirect impact of the COVID-19 outbreak will be allowed to postpone the due date for tuition payment and receive a refund of tuition already paid.
(Note: This is to postpone the payment of tuition for a certain period of time, and is not an exemption.)
Undergraduate and graduate students (including international students) enrolled in Kumamoto University.
(Research students, non-degree students, special auditing students, and special research students are excluded.)
* Those who are applying for the tuition fee exemption are automatically postponed until the result of the exemption is decided. Therefore, those who wish to extend the deadline for payment after the result of the exemption is decided (those who wish to apply for the exemption even if they are not permitted or are exempted from paying half of the tuition fee) should apply for it.
Postponement of tuition for the second semester of 2020
February 3, 2021 (Wed.) - February 26, 2021 (Fri.) 17:00
[Location of Application]
Economical Support Team, Student Life Division, Student Affairs Department,
(Kurokami North Campus: Counter No. 6, 1st floor of the General Education Building)
- Request for Postponement of Tuition Fee Payment (Form 1) [Word File] [PDF File]
- Statement of Living Expenses (Form 2) [Word File] [PDF File]
- A self-addressed envelope (長形3号) with 94-yen stamp attached (for notification of results)
- Documents that show the amount of money you have received from home and income from part-time jobs, etc., for the last three months (such as a statement of income or a bankbook that confirms bank transfers), and documents that show the amount of rent (such as a copy of the lease agreement).
- Copies of the pay statement of the financial supporter (e.g., parents), etc.
- Refund Request Form [word file] [pdf file] (Available in Japanese)
[Announcement of Results (tentative)]
Around Wednesday, March 10
[Tuition Fee Payment Method]
Students who have been approved for postponement of tuition fees must pay the tuition fees for the second semester of 2020 in cash at the University' s Finance Section Counter or pay the tuition fees to the designated bank account by September 30, 2021. (The postponed tuition will not be deducted from your bank account.)
Students who fail to pay the postponed tuition (for the second semester) on time will be "expelled" from the University. Therefore, please carefully consider your tuition payment plan.
Note: Students who are granted postponement of tuition fee payment for the second semester 2020 will be required to pay tuition fees for the first semester 2021 in addition to the tuition fees for the second semester 2020 between April and September 2021.