Kumamoto University Innovative Collaboration Organization (KICO)
The Kumamoto University Innovative Collaboration Organization (KICO) was established in April 2008 through the consolidation of the Cooperative Research Center, the Venture Business Laboratory, and the Business Incubation Center.
The organizations main missions are
- To provide prompt and efficient one-stop service to assist in creating, obtaining, and utilizing the university's intellectual property
- To construct strong interactions between government–academic industry alliances and to spur innovation in the Kumamoto area
- To use the university's intellectual property to develop the university's global competitiveness.
In order to achieve these missions, KICO strategically implements a broader range of activities including
- Management, protection, transfer, and commercialization of the university's intellectual property, as well as support in filing patent applications
- Promotion of collaborative and commissioned research with companies and public institutions
- Human Resource Development to produce individuals who have thorough knowledge of global intellectual property
Through these activities, KICO aims to develop open innovation, to build a firm foundation for evolving research results, and to cultivate progressive individual talent.
URL: http://www.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/organizations/kico (Japanese Only)